Friday, August 17, 2018

Interviewing the Auroras

A heads-up for SFF readers:

In the next few weeks I'll be running a series of short interviews with pals of mine who are also on the Prix Aurora Awards ballot for the best in Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy.

This isn't an exhaustive list by any stretch as 

a) I don't personally know all the authors on the ballot (but since last weekend at When Words Collide - Calgary's most vibrant multi-genre lit-fest - I can also count Fonda Lee among my personal acquaintances), and

b) an exhaustive list would have required me to start interviewing the day the ballot was announced, at which time I was otherwise occupied with attending the Saskatchewan Festival of Words - my first time back to Moose Jaw in 18 years - and launching the first in my contemporary crime novels 
(When the Flood Falls, by J.E. Barnard, released by Dundurn Press in July 2018)

So, watch this space and give thought to which stellar works of Canadian SFF you'll vote for on September 8th. 

Or, if you haven't already done so, buy your CSFFA membership ($10) and get yourself registered ASAP. There's still time to read the entries for some categories - or maybe you've read some of the nominated works already - and make your informed choices on some or all of the ballot categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment